Sailing Simplicity at its Finest
Long time single handed sailors love the M36 because within 5 minutes they can be off the dock and sailing. Beginners are equally as enthralled because the M36 is simple to sail, simple to learn on and immediately rewarding with her straightforward sail handling and control lines that are lead under deck to electric winches at the helmsman’s fingertips. In addition, all instruments are intelligently arrayed to quickly provide all the information you need.
More Than a Daysailer
Take her overnight! The elegantly appointed optional V-berth, standard fridge and enclosed head make her far more versatile than a mere daysailer. The M36 also has a deep, safe and comfortable cockpit which accommodates six adults allowing you to safely entertain your guests.
Beautifully Appointed Interior
No detail inside her cabin is overlooked. Large safety glass windows and a huge foredeck hatch flood the interior with natural light. The Herreshoff style interior is finished elegantly with white bulkheads, solid cherry trim and marvelously varnished hull sheathing. Twin port and starboard settees are ergonomically designed for comfortable lounging (or sleeping), and well placed reading lights invite you to enjoy the morning paper or catch up on some afternoon reading. Generous storage can be found in the forepeak. An alternative layout converts the forepeak space into a beautiful and functional V-Berth for overnight stays.
Remarkably Simple to Dock
The M36 does exactly what you tell her to do. She backs straight (no prop walk), turns on a dime and docks like a pro. In short, she maneuvers under power as responsively as she does under sail making her a pleasure to both sail and to bring back to port. Even the fenders are just a ‘clip’ away; pad eyes and stainless steel rub rails are placed on deck for ‘clip-on’ polar-fleece-covered fenders. What could be easier!
At Morris Yachts we’re not just boat builders; we’re sailors and boat owners too. Perhaps this is the reason the M36 is so intuitively designed with the owner in mind. Often overlooked by other builders, access to the engine, through-hulls and electrical systems is superb.
As with all sailing boats built by Morris Yachts, the M36 offers peace of mind. You are onboard one of the most seaworthy boats in the world. Setting the industry standard, Morris Yachts’ level of engineering, fit and finish sets the benchmark by which other builders measure themselves. Morris craftsmen and engineers demand only the finest equipment and use the most modern techniques and technology during the boat building process, proving that the beauty of a Morris is not only skin deep but integrated throughout all facets of the vessel.
- Length Overall 36′-1″ (11.00 m)
- Length at Design Waterline 25′-0″ (7.62 m)
- Beam, Maximum 10′-1″ (3.07 m)
- Draft, Deep keel 6′-6″ (1.98 m)
- Draft, Standard keel 5′-3″ (1.60 m)
- Draft, Shoal draft keel 4′-6″ (1.37 m)
- Displacement: Std keel ½ load 8900 lbs (4,035 kg)
- Ballast: Std Keel 3,850 lbs (1,747 kg)
- Bridge Clearance: 52′-2″ (15.90 m)
- Headroom 4′-10″ (1.47 m)
- Sail Area 558 ft2 (51.84 m2)
- Mainsail 311 ft2 (28.89 m2)
- Jib 247 ft2 (22.95 m2)
- Gennaker (optional) 524 ft2 (48.68 m2)
- I 38′-8″ (11.78 m)
- J 12′-9″ (3.89 m)
- P 41-3″ (12.57 m)
- E 15′-1″ (4.60 m)
- Infused fiberglass composite hull with Vinylester resin throughout and Balsa SB.50 core.
- External modern fin design lead is mounted in a molded hull recess with 316 SS bolts.
- Fiberglass engine bed.
- Fiberglass composite deck with Vinylester resin throughout and Balsa SB.50 core.
- Core removed in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Yanmar 3YM20C x SD Saildrive unit, 3-cylinder, direct-injected, fresh water-cooled marine diesel engine, maximum 21 hp @ 3600 RPM.
- Flex-O-Fold 16” two blade propeller.
- Fiberglass engine mount pan.
- Morris custom instrument panel at the helm, includes Faria gauges with SS bezels, ignition switch, preheat button, start button, stop button, audible alarms for cooling water high temperature and low lube oil pressure,and tachometer with illumination switch.
- Edson SS single lever throttle located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- (2) 12 VDC Mastervolt AGM house battery (100 Ah @ 12 VDC).
- (1) Optima 1000M 60 Amp engine start battery.
- (1) Mastervolt 90 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- (1) Mastervolt 12 VDC distribution panel.
- (1) 12 VDC outlet located next to the electrical panel.
- (1) Raymarine Ray55 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional RayMic cockpit-mounted remote microphone.
- (1) Raymarine ST60 speed, depth & wind instruments with Tridata and analog wind displays.
- (1) Ritchie 5” compass.
- (1) Perko bicolor bow light with chrome plated brass housing.
- (1) Perko transom stern light with chrome plated brass housing.
- (2) Stainless steel 3” cowl vents on varnished teak dorade boxes.
- (1) SS passive air vent on the cabin top above the head compartment.
- Isotherm 1.45 CUFT top loading 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner.
- (1) 20-gallon PVC fresh water tank w/deck filler cap.
- (1) Raritan PHII manual marine toilet.
- (1) 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with gravity drain to sea- cock.
- (1) Snake River external tank level monitor.
- (1) Whale diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer.
- (1) Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit.
- (1) Racor model #220 spin-on fuel/water separator.
- (1) 20-gallon aluminum fuel tank w/deck filler cap.
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system with 34” varnished teak rim wheel.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- (2) Self-aligning rudder bearings and adjustable lip seal.
- Emergency tiller.
- (2) Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguisher located in the accommodations.
- Engine compartment “FirePort”.
- Cockpit drainage meets the minimum requirements of ORC Category 2 and CE Category B.
- The interior joinery is Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry trim, except the head which is trimmed in oiled teak.
- (3) “Auckland” LED wall-mounted SS reading lights with integral switches.
- (2) SS LED dome cabin lights with integral switches.
- (1) SS LED red/white dome light with integral switch.
- (1) Corian counter top with mirror-polished stainless steel sink.
- (1) Fynspray model WS-60 chrome plated manual pump faucet.
- (1) High grade glass mirror with frame on forward bulkhead.
- (1) Corian counter top.
- (1) Mirror-polished stainless steel sink.
- (1) Manual pump galley faucet, Fynspray model WS-60.
- (1) Garbage bin.
- Drawers and doors as required.
- Sailing hardware is Harken or equal.
- Lewmar self-tailing winches. Starboard primary winch is electric.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Varnished teak toe rail and coaming cap.
- Custom cast SS bow and stern chocks that integrate beautifully with the teak toe rail.
- Varnished teak flagstaff and flag with SS socket welded to the backstay chainplate.
- Varnished 34” teak rimmed steering wheel.
- Stainless steel deck plates and latches.
- Two SS cup holders in cockpit winch pods.
- Deckhouse portlights are toughened safety glass, frameless installation.
- Forward cabin hatch is Stainless Steel. Foredeck and cockpit hatches are flush fiberglass.
- Saloon style removable companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker.
- (1) Bruce 22 lb anchor located in foredeck stowage locker.
- (1) Anchor rode: 100’ Yale Brait nylon rope, 1/2” diameter with six feet of 5/16” chain.
- (4) Herreshoff style stainless steel cleats. (2) 10” at bow and (2) 8” at stern.
- (4) Morris custom cast stainless steel chocks.
- (1) Bow line 35’ nylon, 1/2” diameter.
- (2) Spring lines 35’ nylon, 1/2” diameter.
- (1) Stern line 35’ nylon, 1/2” diameter.
- (3) 8” x 20” vinyl ribbed fenders with 6ft of rope and polar fleece covers.
- (1) Aluminum boat hook.
- Toe rail: varnished teak.
- Deck: gelcoat Oyster white with molded Tan non-skid.
- Hull topsides: Oyster white gelcoat.
- Cove stripe: Gold leaf.
- Boot top stripe: Awlgrip choice of standard colors.
- Hull stripe: Narrow stripe of hull topside color is visible between the boot top and bottom paint.
- Bottom paint: Interlux Micron Extra or equivalent.
- Bilge: White gelcoat.
- Name and hailing port on transom in Gold leaf.
- Sacrificial zincs to be provided.
- Carbon fiber mast and aluminum boom by Hall Spars.
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders.
- Antal size 40 mainsail luff track.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Harken MKIV Unit 1 manual headsail furling unit.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
- Navtec SS turnbuckle covers.
- Sailtec -8 SS integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Hall Quik vang with Harken block and tackle.
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
- Main halyard 8mm Endura braid.
- Jib halyard 8mm Endura braid with tag line and six part halyard tensioner.
- Masthead flag halyard and one spreader halyard.
- Main sheet 3/8” Staset.
- Reef line 8mm Endura braid.
- Jib sheet 8mm Endura braid.
- Jib furling line 8mm Staset.
- Full Batten Dacron Mainsail w/single reef, lazy jacks and North Sails Sunbrella “Quick Cover” sail cover.
- Dacron Furling Jib with UV protective cover on leach.
- North Sails University three day sailing and training program.
- North U coaching – every owner will receive three days of private instruction from a North U Coach. Each customized program will be designed by North U to match the needs, skills and requests of each individual owner. This exclusive service is included in the price of your Morris. If training takes place at another location, the owner is simply responsible for the coach’s meals and accommodations.
- Sunbrella canvas interior cushions with owner’s choice of color.
- Tool kit.
- (4) Adult Type II life jackets with storage bag.
- Flare kit.
- Air Horn.
- USCG Rules of the Road.
The M-Series M36 has appeared in countless press articles and been featured on many magazine front covers. Here is a selection:
Training that’s as personalized as our boats
Each handcrafted Morris comes with a personalized training course that is tailor made for you to help you use your new boat. The training happens right onboard in a location you choose and is taught by our most experienced professionals.
The purpose of the program is to give you hands-on experience and insight into key areas of your Morris lifestyle. From sailing, docking and anchoring to systems and maintenance, we’ll teach you practical, hands on techniques that will make your ownership experience more rewarding and more fun.
Course offerings are tailored to the personal needs of our owners and can cover a variety of topics from sailing fundamentals to advanced sailing; coastal cruising skills to offshore passagemaking; racing basics to advanced racing strategies. Maintenance and service are also covered in our training program.
“Every Morris owner wants to know more about their boat and more about how they can use it. What better way to learn than being taught on your own boat by the people who built it.” said Cuyler Morris. “We believe this program is just another example of the commitment we place behind our owners and we are proud to offer it exclusively to every owner of a Morris Yacht.”