Fall in Love Again
Two Deck Options
The M42 is offered in two deck configurations: the M42 and the M42 ST (short trunk cabin). The M42 ST was added recently to meet the growing demand for a deck layout that combined the look of the M36 with the increased headroom of the M42. The interior layouts for each boat, however, are more or less identical. Please refer to the technical drawings and gallery for images of each of the two models.
Sailing Simplicity at its Finest
Like her smaller sisters the M42 is all about sailing. Sail handling has been thoroughly engineered for simplicity, reliability and ease of use. All control lines, sheets and halyards have been led below deck to control/winch pods in the cockpit within easy reach of the helmsman leaving the deck clean, clear and safe.
Three steps down from the cockpit lies a functional, airy cabin with fantastic visibility. Here you will find an open interior plan that maximizes spaciousness. Morris craftsmen finish the interior in classic Herreshoff style with antique white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry joinery. Cruising cuisine is a snap to prepare in the U-Shaped galley fitted with a two-burner gimbaled stove, luxurious Corian countertops, ample refrigeration and practical storage space. When you turn off the lights, lie in your queen-sized bed and stargaze out through the large overhead hatch. The M42 features a cleverly integrated blackout shade/bug screen on all hatches.
A Great Coastal Cruiser
Take your M42 down the coast for a week or spend a long weekend onboard! The M42 provides the same ease and joy of sailing as the M36, but also offers cruising amenities such as full standing head room of 6’2”, a full galley, queen berth and shower as well as a bottle and silverware storage in the cockpit table.
As with all sailing boats built by Morris Yachts, the M42 offers peace of mind that you are onboard one of the most seaworthy boats in the world. The level of engineering, fit and finish onboard sets the benchmark by which other builders measure themselves. Morris craftsmen and engineers demand only the finest equipment and use the most modern techniques and technology during the boat building process proving that the beauty of a Morris is not only skin deep but integrated throughout all facets of the vessel.
- Length Overall 42′-3″
- Length at Design Waterline 30′-0″
- Beam, Maximum 11′-3″
- Draft, standard:5′-9″
- Draft, shoal keel:5′-0″
- Draft, deep keel:6′-11″
- Displacement (1/2 load):16,279 lbs
- Ballast:6,235 lbs
- Sail Area:759 sq ft
- Water:50 gals
- Fuel:40 gals
- Infused composite hull with Vinylester resin and Balsa core.
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors.
- Fiberglass engine bed.
- Marine Plywood structural bulkheads.
- M42 deck is infused with Vinylester resin and Balsa core.
- High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit sole.
- Yanmar 3JH5E x SD Saildrive unit, 3-cylinder, direct-injected, fresh water-cooled marine diesel engine, maximum 39 hp @ 3000 RPM.
- Flex-O-Fold 17” two blade propeller.
- Yanmar engine mount pan – fiberglass.
- Morris custom instrument panel at the helm, includes Faria gauges with SS bezels, ignition switch, preheat button, start button, stop button, audible alarms for cooling water high temperature, low lube oil pressure, Saildrive water sensor and tachometer with illumination switch.
- Edson SS single lever throttle located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- Yanmar spares kit and service manual.
- (2) 12 VDC Mastervolt AGM house batteries (450 Ah @ 12 VDC).
- (1) Optima 1000M amp engine start battery with 800 cold cranking amps.
- (1) Mastervolt 90 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- (1) BEP 12 VDC / 110 VAC distribution panel.
- (2) 12 VDC outlets.
- (1) Mastervolt 50 amp smart charger.
- (1) 110V shore power system with (2) outlets, SS power inlet, and 50ft x 30 amp cord.
- (1) Raymarine Ray55 waterproof VHF Radio w/ additional RayMic cockpit-mounted remote microphone.
- (3) Raymarine i70 displays for speed, depth and wind mounted on the aft face of the seahood.
- (1) Raymarine c95 GPS color LCD chart plotter display w/internal antenna mounted at the pedestal.
- (1) AM/FM stereo with internal iPod dock and 6” speakers in the main cabin.
- (1) Ritchie 5” pedestal mount compass with polished SS cover.
- (1) Aquasignal LED bicolor bow light.
- (1) Perko transom stern light.
- (1) Aquasignal tri-color masthead light.
- (1) Aquasignal combination steaming light and deck flood light.
- (2) Stainless steel 4” cowl vents mounted on varnished teak dorade boxes. SS dorade guards.
- (5) SS foredeck and cabin top hatches.
- 50-gallon fresh water capacity.
- (1) SS deck fill.
- (1) ShurFlo pressure water system pump.
- (1) Quick 6.5 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC.
- (1) Whale water system filter.
- (1) Cruz-Pro multi-tank gauge system.
- (1) Jabsco diaphragm 12VDC bilge pump with removable strainer.
- (1) Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit.
- (1) Tecma electric macerating marine toilet.
- (1) 20-gallon Polyethylene waste holding tank with gravity drain to seacock for overboard discharge.
- (1) Snake River external tank level monitor.
- (1) Racor model #220 spin-on fuel/water separator.
- (1) 40-gallon aluminum fuel tank w/SS deck fill.
- (1) Cruz-Pro tank gauge.
- Edson wire rope/chain steering system with 44” teak rim wheel.
- Carbon fiber rudder and rudderpost.
- Emergency tiller.
- (3) Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguisher located in the accommodations.
- Engine compartment “Fire Port”.
- The interior is built Herreshoff style with Antique white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry joinery. The cabin sides are satin varnished cherry veneer and the cabin top is finished with painted wood ceiling strips overhead and soft Majilite panels on the side decks. Cherry drop-leaf table permanently mounted in the main salon.
- (6) LED wall-mounted reading lights with integral switches in main salon and v-berth.
- (1) SS LED spot light above main salon table.
- (3) SS LED dome lights with integral switches in the galley, head and engine compartment.
- (3) LED strip lights: (2) In the galley and (1) above the head mirror.
- (1) Varnished Cherry counter top with polished SS sink and single lever faucet.
- (1) Scandvik mixer valve with wall mount shower head.
- (1) Molded fiberglass floor pan with integral shower sump and electric drain pump.
- (1) Shower enclosure.
- (1) Corian toothbrush and cup holder.
- (1) High grade glass mirror with frame on forward bulkhead.
- (1) Trash bin under sink.
- Isotherm 1.87 CUFT top loading 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner and removable shelves.
- Force 10 two burner propane stove with thermostat controlled oven on a gimbal mount.
- (1) Corian counter top.
- (1) Mirror-polished stainless steel sink with chrome single lever mixer faucet.
- (1) Garbage bin.
- Drawers and doors as required.
- Deckhouse portlights are toughened safety glass, frameless installation.
- Deck hatches are low-profile Stainless steel. (1) Foredeck and (4) on the cabin top.
- Ocean-Air Skyscreens are fitted to each overhead hatch.
- Foredeck hatch, anchor locker hatch and cockpit hatches are flush fiberglass.
- Saloon style removable companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker.
- Sailing hardware is Harken or equal.
- (2) Harken 50 STEC electric self-tailing primary winches.
- (2) Harken 46 STC manual secondary winches.
- (2) Harken 10” aluminum Powergrip lock-in winch handles.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Varnished teak toe rail and coaming cap.
- Custom cast SS bow, midship and stern chocks that integrate beautifully with the teak toe rail.
- Varnished teak flagstaff and 60” US flag with SS socket welded to the backstay chainplate.
- Varnished teak steering wheel.
- Removable teak foot block for helmsman on centerline aft of the pedestal.
- Varnished teak cockpit table with leaves and storage cover.
- Teak clad foot rest below cockpit table.
- Stainless steel deck plates and latches.
- Two SS cup holders in cockpit winch pods with drains.
- Cockpit drainage meets the minimum requirements of ORC Category 2 and CE Category B.
- (1) Delta 35 lb anchor w/150’ of 5/8” diameter Yale Brait with fifteen feet of 5/16”HT chain.
- (1) Anchor deployment system w/manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in foredeck locker.
- (1) Lewmar V2 SS windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
- (1) Salt water wash down system with SS spigot located in the anchor locker.
- (3) Schaefer Herreshoff style stainless steel cleats. (1) 12” at bow and (2) 10” at stern.
- (2) Schaefer 8.5” SS removable cleats midship w/canvas storage bag.
- (6) Morris custom cast stainless steel toe rail chocks.
- (1) Bow line 30’ nylon, 5/8” diameter.
- (2) Spring lines 45’ nylon, 5/8” diameter.
- (1) Stern line 30’ nylon, 5/8” diameter.
- (3) 10” x 26” vinyl ribbed fenders with 10ft of rope and polar fleece covers.
- (1) SS line storage bar in the forepeak locker.
- (1) Aluminum boat hook.
- Toe rail: varnished teak.
- Deck: gelcoat Oyster white with molded tan non-skid.
- Hull topsides: Awlgrip choice of standard colors.
- Boot top stripe: Single stripe in choice of standard Awlgrip colors.
- Hull stripe: Narrow stripe of hull topside color is visible between the boot top and bottom paint.
- Bottom paint: Interlux Micron Extra.
- Cove stripe: Gold leaf.
- Name & Hail: Gold leaf.
- Bilge: White gelcoat.
- Sacrificial zincs to be provided.
- Zinc saver galvanic isolator on AC system ground wire.
- Carbon fiber mast and aluminum boom by Hall Spars.
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders.
- Antal size 40 mainsail luff track.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Harken MKIV Unit 1 manual headsail furling unit.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
- Navtec SS turnbuckle covers.
- Integral hydraulic backstay adjuster
- Hall Quik vang with Harken block and tackle.
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
- Main halyard 11mm Endura braid
- Jib halyard 10mm Endura braid with tag line and six part halyard tensioner.
- Masthead flag halyard and one spreader halyard.
- Main sheet 8mm Staset
- Reef line 10mm Endura braid
- Jib sheet 10mm Endura braid
- Jib furling line 8mm Staset
- Full Batten Marathon 300 mainsail w/single reef, lazy jacks and North Sails Sunbrella “Quick Cover” sail cover.
- Marathon 300 furling jib with UV protective cover on leach.
- Every owner will receive private instruction from a Morris coach. Each customized program will be designed to match the needs, skills and requests of each individual owner. This exclusive service is included in the price of your Morris. If training takes place at another location, the owner is simply responsible for the coach’s meals and accommodations.
Sail inventory is by North Sails and includes the following sails:
- Ultrasuede interior cushions with owner’s choice of color.
- Sunbrella cockpit seat cushions in owner’s choice of color.
- Tool kit.
- (4) Adult Type II life jackets with storage bag.
- Flare kit.
- Air Horn.
- USCG Rules of the Road.
- Engine spare parts kit.
- Spare bulbs and fuses.
M42 Outboard Profile
M42 Inboard Profile
M42 Sail Plan
M42 Outboard Profile – Short Trunk Cabin
M42 Inboard Profile – Short Trunk Cabin
M42 Sail Plan – Short Trunk Cabin
The M-Series M29 has appeared in countless press articles and been featured on many magazine front covers. Here is a selection:
Training that’s as personalized as our boats
Each handcrafted Morris comes with a personalized training course that is tailor made for you to help you use your new boat. The training happens right onboard in a location you choose and is taught by our most experienced professionals.
The purpose of the program is to give you hands-on experience and insight into key areas of your Morris lifestyle. From sailing, docking and anchoring to systems and maintenance, we’ll teach you practical, hands on techniques that will make your ownership experience more rewarding and more fun.
Course offerings are tailored to the personal needs of our owners and can cover a variety of topics from sailing fundamentals to advanced sailing; coastal cruising skills to offshore passagemaking; racing basics to advanced racing strategies. Maintenance and service are also covered in our training program.
“Every Morris owner wants to know more about their boat and more about how they can use it. What better way to learn than being taught on your own boat by the people who built it.” said Cuyler Morris. “We believe this program is just another example of the commitment we place behind our owners and we are proud to offer it exclusively to every owner of a Morris Yacht.”