Performance & Beauty
Easy to Sail
The M52 showcases cruising amenities and exquisite craftsmanship typically only seen on superyachts many times her size. Morris classic styling and Sparkman & Stephens design pedigree combine to produce a unique vessel in this size range, providing the perfect solution to an owner looking for super yacht standards but without the need for paid crew. Sail handling has been thoroughly engineered for simplicity, reliability and ease of use with discreet below deck line-control systems run to the one-man cockpit command center at the helm. Her generous fractional rig with self-tacking jib makes for a sail plan that is powerful yet remarkably easy to control- even by a crew of just one. The M52s sail plan is as simple to control as the M42 or M36.
The stunning interior with full standing headroom is finished by Morris craftsmen to the owner’s taste, making each M52 as individual as her owner. Popular interior choices include antique white bulkheads, solid cherry joinery trim and hull sheathing in gloss varnish. The owner’s stateroom features a queen size center line berth and full height hanging locker, bureau and dresser. Natural light floods the interior from the large butterfly hatch in the salon and the U-shaped cherry drop-leaf table dinette with its plush contoured cushions invites you to comfortably lounge or dine with your guests.
Two or Three Cabin Layout
The M52 is fully customizable with a 2 or 3 cabin layout option, so whether it’s just you and your spouse, or the entire family, the M52 is versatile and accommodating.
Like her smaller M42 sistership, the M52 offers a great coastal cruising platform. The 2 or 3 cabin layout provides great accommodation for friends and family and the permanently mounted cockpit table with full length cockpit seats affords maximum comfort for guests. In addition, the rotating table and pull out settee converts the saloon area into a spacious double berth.
As with all sailing boats built by Morris Yachts, the M52 offers peace of mind. You are onboard one of the most seaworthy boats in the world. Setting the industry standard, Morris Yachts’ level of engineering, fit and finish sets the benchmark by which other builders measure themselves. Morris craftsmen and engineers demand only the finest equipment and use the most modern techniques and technology during the boat building process proving that the beauty of a Morris is not only skin deep but integrated throughout all facets of the vessel.
Performance Under Sail
The high performance bulb keel of moderate draft together with a high aspect ratio carbon/epoxy spade rudder and rig are designed and built for speed, stability, and precise control.
- Length Overall: 52′-11″
- Length at Design Waterline: 38′-02″
- Beam, Maximum: 14′00″
- Draft, standard: 5′-9″
- Draft, shoal keel: 5′-8″
- Draft, deep keel: 6′-11″
- Displacement (1/2 load): 34,064 lbs
- Ballast: 11,391 lbs
- Ballast (optional): 11,947 lbs
- Sail Area: 1,414 sq ft
- Bridge clearance: 81′
- Water: 100 gals
- Fuel: 80 gals
- Holding Tanks: 40 gals
- Vacuum infused composite hull with Vinylester resin and Balsa core.
- Composite longitudinal stringers and transverse keel floors.
- Fiberglass engine bed.
- Marine plywood structural bulkheads.
- Vacume infused composite deck and superstructure with Vinylester resin and Balsa core.
- High density core replaces the standard core in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Custom molded fiberglass steering pedestal.
- Quarter sawn teak decking on cockpit sole.
- Yanmar 4JH4-TCE x SD50 Saildrive unit, 4-cylinder, direct-injected, fresh water-cooled, turbo charged marine diesel engine, maximum 75 hp @ 3000 RPM.
- Flex-O-Fold 20” three blade propeller.
- Yanmar engine mount pan – fiberglass.
- Morris custom instrument panel at the helm, includes Faria gauges with SS bezels, ignition switch, start button, stop button, audible alarms for cooling water high temperature, low lube oil pressure, Saildrive water flow sensor and tachometer with illumination switch.
- SS single lever throttle located on the pedestal.
- Engine box is fitted with an engineered system of noise reduction insulation materials including Thinsulate, cork and aluminum perforated panels.
- Yanmar spares kit and service manual.
- (2) 12 VDC Mastervolt AGM house batteries (450 Ah @ 12 VDC).
- (1) Optima 1000M amp engine start battery with 800 cold cranking amps.
- (1) Mastervolt 90 Amp/12 VDC alternator with multi-stage regulator for battery charging.
- (1) BEP 12 VDC / 110 VAC distribution panel.
- (2) 12 VDC outlets.
- (1) Mastervolt 50 amp smart charger.
- (1) 110V shore power system with (2) outlets, SS power inlet, and 50ft x 30 amp cord.
- (1) Raymarine Ray 55 waterproof VHF Radio w/additional cockpit- mounted Command Microphone.
- (3) Raymarine ST60 displays for speed, depth and wind mounted in the cockpit.
- (1) Raymarine ST60 full function repeater display mounted in the Nav area down below.
- (1) Raymarine C90W 9” color LCD navigation/chart plotter display mounted at the pedestal.
- (1) Alpine AM/FM Stereo with CD player and 6” speakers in the main cabin.
- (1) Ritchie 5” pedestal mount compass with polished SS cover.
- (1) Perko bicolor bow light with chrome plated brass housing.
- (1) Perko transom stern light with chrome plated brass housing.
- (1) Aquasignal tri-color/anchor masthead light.
- (1) Aquasignal combination steaming light and deck flood light.
- (2) Stainless steel 4” cowl vents mounted on varnished teak dorade boxes with welded bails on the mounting bases.
- (9) SS foredeck and cabin top hatches.
- 100-gallon fresh water capacity in two stainless steel tanks with SS deck fill.
- (1) ShurFlo pressure water system pump.
- (1) 11 gallon SS water heater plumbed to engine heat exchanger and 110VAC.
- (1) Whale water system filter.
- (1) Cruz-Pro multi-tank gauge system.
- (1) Whale Gulper 220 12VDC diaphragm bilge pump with removable
- (1) Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near the helm in cock-pit.
- (1) Vacuflush marine toilet in the forward head.
- (1) Raritan PHII marine toilet in the aft head.
- (2) 20-gallon Aluminum waste holding tanks with gravity drains to sea-cocks for overboard discharge.
- (2) Snake River external tank level monitors.
- (1) Racor model #230 spin-on fuel/water separator.
- (1) 80-gallon fuel capacity in two aluminum tanks with separate SS deck fills.
- (1) Cruz-Pro tank gauge.
- Whitlock torque tube steering system with 48” teak rim wheel.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Two Jeffa self-aligning rudder bearings and adjustable lip seal.
- Emergency tiller.
- (3) Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire extinguisher located in the accommodations.
- Engine compartment “Fire Port”.
- The interior is built Herreshoff style with Antique white bulkheads and gloss varnished cherry joinery throughout the interior. The cabin sides are var- nished cherry veneer and the cabin top is finished with wood sheathing on the overhead painted white to match the bulkheads and soft Majilite panels on the side decks. Teak cabin sole finished with satin urethane varnish. Cherry drop- leaf table permanently mounted in the main salon.
- (8) Cabin “Ocean” wall-mounted SS cabin lights with integral switches in main salon and v-berth.
- (2) Cantalupi spot lights above main salon table with dimmer.
- (7) Cantalupi red/white dome lights with integral switches in fwd cabin, aft cabin, heads, main salon, galley, Nav station and shower compartment.
- (2) Overhead spot lights in the galley with a dimmer switch.
- (2) Galley dry storage locker light and ice box light w/compression switches.
- (2) Red courtesy lights at the companionway and forward cabin step.
- (1) Engine compartment light.
- (1) Utility light in the forepeak locker.
- (1) Red/white gooseneck chart light at Nav area.
- (5) Scandvik adjustable rod lights. (3) In the galley and one above each head mirror.
- (2) Varnished cherry counter tops with SS sinks and single lever faucets.
- (1) Scandvik mixer valve with wall mount shower fixture in the forward head.
Molded fiberglass floor pans with integral shower sumps and electric drain pumps.
- (1) Shower enclosure.
- (2) Corian toothbrush and cup holder.
- (2) High grade glass mirrors with frames.
- Fiberglass top loading ice box with Seafrost refrigeration, separate freezer box, 12VDC high efficiency compressor and electronic controls.
- Force 10 three burner propane stove with thermostat controlled oven on gimbal mounts.
- (1) Corian counter top.
- (1) Mirror-polished stainless steel double sink with chrome single lever mixer faucet.
- (1) Garbage bin.
- Drawers and doors as required.
- Deckhouse portlights are toughened safety glass, frameless installation.
- Deck hatches are low-profile Stainless steel. (1) Foredeck and
- (8) on the cabin top.
- Ocean-Air Skyscreens are fitted to each overhead hatch.
- Foredeck hatch, anchor locker hatch and cockpit hatches are flush fiberglass.
- Saloon style removable companionway doors with storage bag in cockpit locker.
- Sailing hardware is Harken or equal.
- (2) Lewmar 65 CCEST electric self-tailing primary winches.
- (2) Lewmar 50 CCEST electric secondary winches.
- (3) Lewmar 10” aluminum One-Touch lock-in winch handles.
- Lewmar rope clutches.
- Varnished teak toe rail and coaming cap.
- Custom cast SS bow, midship and stern corner chocks that integrate beautifully with the teak toe rail.
- Varnished teak flagstaff and 48” x 72” US flag with SS socket welded to the backstay chainplate.
- Varnished teak steering wheel.
- Teak foot block for helmsman on centerline aft of the pedestal.
- Varnished teak cockpit table with leaves and storage cover.
- Teak clad foot rest below cockpit table.
- Stainless steel deck plates and latches.
- Foredeck padeyes for A-sail bag.
- Two SS cup holders in cockpit winch pods with drains.
- Cockpit drainage meets the minimum requirements of ORC
- Category 2 and CE Category B.
- (1) Delta 44 lb anchor w/200 Ft of 5/8” Brait and 100 Ft of 5/16”HT chain.
- (1) Anchor deployment system w/manually rotating arm and integral anchor roller in foredeck locker.
- (1) Lewmar V3 SS windlass with rope/chain gypsy.
- (1) Salt water wash down system with SS spigot located in the anchor locker.
- (5) Schaefer Herreshoff style stainless steel cleats. (1) 12” at bow, (2) 12” at stern and (2) 10” midship.
- (2) Schaefer 8.5” SS removable cleats midship w/canvas storage bag.
- (6) Morris custom cast stainless steel toe rail chocks and two corner chocks at the transom.
- (4) Dock lines double braid, 52’ x 14mm diameter.
- (4) 10” x 26” vinyl ribbed fenders with polar fleece covers and fender lines w/snap hooks.
- (1) Aluminum boat hook with scrub brush.
- Toe rail: varnished teak.
- Deck: gelcoat Oyster white with molded tan non-skid.
- Hull topsides: Awlgrip choice of standard colors.
- Boot top stripe: Single stripe in choice of standard Awlgrip colors.
- Hull stripe: Narrow stripe of hull topside color is visible between the boot top and bottom paint.
- Bottom paint: Interlux Micron Extra or equivalent.
- Cove stripe: Gold leaf.
- Name & Hail: Gold leaf.
- Bilge: White gelcoat.
- Sacrificial zincs to be provided.
- Zinc saver galvanic isolator on AC system ground wire.
- Carbon fiber mast with fractional rig and swept back spreaders.
- Carbon electric furling boom by Offshore Spars.
- (2) Lewmar 48CCST halyard winch.
- SS bails for halyard tie-downs.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Harkin electric headsail furling system.
- Standing rigging is Navtec stainless steel rod.
- Welded SS chainplates with Navtec D550 turnbuckles and SS covers.
- Navtec System 50 hydraulics w/2 speed pump. SS control panel, SS backstay and SS vang cylinders.
- Running rigging is low-stretch New England Rope.
- Main halyard 10mm Endura braid w/2:1 purchase Jib halyard 11mm Endura braid with tag line Spinnaker halyard 10mm Endura braid
- Masthead flag halyard and one spreader halyard Main sheet 12mm Staset
- Jib sheet 11mm Endura braid Spinnaker sheets 10mm Staset Spinnaker tack pendant w/snap shackle
- Spectra SR Leisurefurl Mainsail.
- Spectra SR Furling Jib.
- Gennaker G-AP3 with snuffer.
Sail inventory is by North Sails and includes the following sails:
- Ultrasuede interior cushions with owner’s choice of color.
- Sunbrella cockpit seat cushions in owner’s choice of color.
- Tool kit.
- (4) Adult Type II life jackets with storage bag.
- Flare kit.
- Air Horn.
- USCG Rules of the Road.
- Engine spare parts kit.
- Spare bulbs and fuses.
M52 GA 1
M52 GA 2
M52 Sail Plan
The M-Series M52 has appeared in countless press articles and been featured on many magazine front covers. Here is a selection:
Training that’s as personalized as our boats
Each handcrafted Morris comes with a personalized training course that is tailor made for you to help you use your new boat. The training happens right onboard in a location you choose and is taught by our most experienced professionals.
The purpose of the program is to give you hands-on experience and insight into key areas of your Morris lifestyle. From sailing, docking and anchoring to systems and maintenance, we’ll teach you practical, hands on techniques that will make your ownership experience more rewarding and more fun.
Course offerings are tailored to the personal needs of our owners and can cover a variety of topics from sailing fundamentals to advanced sailing; coastal cruising skills to offshore passagemaking; racing basics to advanced racing strategies. Maintenance and service are also covered in our training program.
“Every Morris owner wants to know more about their boat and more about how they can use it. What better way to learn than being taught on your own boat by the people who built it.” said Cuyler Morris. “We believe this program is just another example of the commitment we place behind our owners and we are proud to offer it exclusively to every owner of a Morris Yacht.”