The 44 Atlantic follows in the footsteps of the classic Huckins design and combines it with modern materials and performance. Few boats can compare with her grace and elegance, let alone her performance underway thanks to her Quadraconic hull providing a fast, smooth, and exceptionally stable ride. Easily traversed side decks, sweeping sheer, tumblehome aft create an elegant yet classic yacht with proportions that look “just right”.
Ideally suited for a couple who enjoy entertaining as much as spending time alone, OLD SPORT features a spacious and open layout and large living spaces in both the partially enclosed pilothouse and window-filled main salon. Her extended covered pilothouse features a custom roll-up enclosure and reverse-cycle air-conditioning with heat invite the outdoors in but provide protection from the elements when needed. A beautiful wooden spoke Huckins steering wheel and custom stainless “engine turned” instrument panel complete the stately helm station, and the entire pilothouse is freshly painted and has easy-to-clean snap down carpeting. A “lunch hook” deployed off the stern fills the boat with a gentle breeze.
Yacht Interiors of Annapolis decorated her main salon with custom venetian blinds, the finest upholstery, carpet, and curtains, a Nancy Hammond Print, and custom faux snake skin swivel seats with storage underneath (owner was a fighter pilot- call sign “Snake”) opposite a large and comfortable settee.
A queen island-style berth anchors the master suite, and the adjacent spacious head features with Corian counters and a separate shower. Her large galley with two drawer-style refrigerators is perfect for creating anything from light appetizers to gourmet dinners.
From 2015-2017 OLD SPORT underwent an extensive refit where Hinckley Yacht Services upgraded, modified, or replaced almost every system at the direction of a highly experienced yachtsman of the “Old School” with an open checkbook. She feels like a nearly new vessel and is truly turnkey.
Her hull, deck, pilothouse interior, and aft cockpit received new paint, hull sides faired by longboard, and her bottom was soda blasted, faired and painted. She received factory remanufactured Cummins 370-hp engines, bow and stern thrusters with handheld remote, new Furuno electronics suite includes two 15” multi-function displays and mast-mounted camera for assistance spotting the errant crab pot or paddle boarder.
Hinckley Yacht Services looks after OLD SPORT and she is stored in a heated hanger every winter.
The Pilothouse is the primary outdoor living and entertaining space and incorporates the helm forward to starboard, a raised forward facing settee forward to port, a wet bar and open seating to starboard and an L-shaped settee to port accented by a custom drop-leaf cocktail table. Each settee features light grey upholstery with blue piping and extensive and easily accessible storage below.
The pilothouse features air conditioning and reverse-cycle heat, and roll-up drop curtains an either open the space or completely protect it from the elements. An extended hard top and electrically opening windows complete the space.
Aft of the pilothouse is the aft deck, which serves as entry to the pilothouse up two steps. The open deck features a custom transom door added during the refit, and provides easy access to rope lockers and the Glendinning shore power cable.
- Gloss white interior (2015)
- Painted non-skid deck with snap-down carpet
- Three forward windows with wipers, two outboard are opening
- Sliding side windows
- Varnished coaming caps
- Overhead lights
- 16,000 BTU Cruise Air AC/Heat unit with SMX controls, 2 air handlers
- Varnished companionway door and hatch
- (2) marine speakers
- Access hatches to engine room and lazarette
Helm Station features:
- Custom designed and built aluminum “engine turned” dash panel (2015)
- Engine controls and gauges
- Bow and stern thruster controls (2015)
- Wooden spoke steering wheel
- Engine warning lights and alarm buzzers (2015)
- Vessel system switches (2015)
- (2) Cupholders
- Double-width seat with storage underneath
- Air conditioning register
- Binocular holder
- Teak footrest
- Painted white step
- Electrically operated opening forward window
Companion seat (to port) features:
- Varnished chart locker with clear hinged lid
- Varnished cup holder
- Double width L-shaped settee
- Storage underneath
- Electrically operated opening forward window
Aft Pilothouse features:
- Spacious entertaining and living area
- Wet bar with ice maker (2017), sink, and storage locker
- Port settee with storage underneath
- Two director-style low chairs
- Custom drop-leaf high gloss table with inlays
- Custom transom door
- Huckins cast painted non-skid steps
- Stainless steel handrails
- Glendinning shore power cord
- (2) storage lockers port and starboard
Two steps down from the pilothouse through the companionway hatch is the spacious Main Salon. The full-size Galley is forward to port, and forward to starboard is the head with separate shower. Further forward and through a solid door is the master stateroom. The interior features a Hereshoff-style interior finished in white wall coverings accented by satin finished American cherry.
Forward of the galley and head through a centerline door is the master stateroom. The island queen bed is flanked by cedar lined hanging lockers and numerous drawers and storage compartments. The flat screen TV is to starboard and the overhead hatch provides copious light and ventilation. Lighting is by dimmable overhead fixtures and wall sconces forward.
Master Stateroom features:
- Island queen bed
- custom McMillan bedding mattress
- Flatscreen TV
- Opening overhead hatch
- Air conditioning and heat
- Numerous drawers and storage compartments
- (2) cedar lined hanging lockers
- Dimmable overhead light fixtures
- Reading lights at head of bed
- 7,000 BTU reverse-cycle air conditioning
The spacious galley is located forward to port and down two steps, creating a very functional space for creating anything from light appetizers to gourmet dinners. Two drawer-style U-Line refrigerators provide plenty of space for food and beverages. Ample counter and storage space add to the functionality. A large window outboard provides ample light, and an opening hatch overhead space offers ventilation.
- Cream colored Corian solid-surface countertops with backsplash
- Polished stainless steel sink
- Single-lever mixing faucet with hot and cold pressurized water
- U-Line double drawer refrigerator (2015)
- GE Microwave
- Princess 2-burner electric cooktop
- Multiple storage cabinets above and below counter
- Large storage cabinet above refrigerators
- Multiple drawers
- All cabinet and drawer faces are solid wood panel and match the interior
- Custom Amtico galley sole with star-pattern protective covers
- 120V outlet
- Overhead switched lighting
Adjacent to starboard from the galley is the spacious head. It features a wide vanity with sink and separate shower.
- Cream color Corian counter tops with single bowl sink
- Sink mixing faucet with single lever fixture
- Vacuflush fresh water flush head (2017)
- Oversize stall shower with bulkhead mounted shower wand
- Two fixed windows with shades
- One opening overhead hatch for light and ventilation
- Storage in cabinets below and outboard of vanity
- Large frameless mirror on forward bulkhead
- 120V outlet
- Variable speed fan
- (4) Stainless steel bulkhead mounted lights
- Overhead recessed lights
- Multiple towel racks for bath and hand towels
Three steps down through the pilothouse companionway is the main salon. It is open, airy, and has tremendous natural light thanks to near continuous windows on the port and starboard sides. Two swivel chairs and a writing desk with flatscreen TV mounted on top are to port. Lockers and the main electrical panel are outboard to port. To starboard is an L-shaped settee with cocktail table, with end table on the forward end. Storage provided by many built in compartments.
Main Salon Features:
- Near-continuous windows outboard to port and starboard
- Starboard settee upholstered in cream Ultraleather
- Custom drop-leaf table
- Blue and gold star carpet
- (2) swivel chairs upholstered in faux-snakeskin
- Forward bar-height counter seperates salon from galley
- Writing desk with flatscreen TV and fiddles
- Fusion stereo MS-AV750 with speakers in pilothouse and main salon (2016)
- Stereo features CD player and XM satellite radio
- Hunter Douglas venetian blinds
- Overhead lighting on dimmers
- 16,000 BTU reverse-cycle air conditioning
The engine room is directly below the pilothouse and features near standing headroom and tremendous access outboard of the engines. A custom aluminum ladder provides easy access. The generator is located at the aft end of the engine room on centerline. A separate lazarette is further aft and separated by a watertight bulkhead.
2015 Cummins 6BTA 5.9 370-hp diesel engines, remanufactured at Cummins (70 hours 7/2018)
- ZF 1.57:1 reduction gears
- Bilges re-painted (2015)
- 6" in line fiberglass exhaust tubes with 10" mufflers
- 24" X 23" 3 blade props
- 1 3/4" Aquamet 19 shafts
- PSS stuffing boxes
- Hynautic hydraulic steering components
- (2) Racor main engine fuel filters 900 MA-30 with vacuum gauges
- Racor generator 500 MA-2 fuel filter with vacuum gauge
- 2" lead foam engine room insulation
- Side Power proportional bow thruster
- Side Power proportional stern thruster
- (4) Meridian TPPL-AGM SPS M215B thruster batteries
- (2) 12 VDC 1500 gph bilge pumps
- (2) Flo Jet pumps in forward bilges
- (4) Super switches to activate (4) bilge alarms
- Groco sea strainers
- Fireboy fixed fire control system
- Glendinning automatic engine synchronizer
- 10-gallon hot water heater
- 18-gallon holding tank
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.