WHITEHORSE is the last of the rare center cockpit 44s built by Little Harbor, offering the Aft-Cabin layout of the Little Harbor 46 in 44 feet. She can be easily handled by one person with her electric furling Hood mainsail and electric primary winches. All sail control lines lead back to her large, comfortable center cockpit.
Her mast height of 61’ allows Intercoastal access, and her centerboard configuration offers a minimum draft of 5’ with board up and a maximum draft of 10’-2” with board down. Beyond her performance design and powerful sailing prowess, WHITEHORSE offers beautiful and luxurious cruising accommodations below with superior teak joinery and finishes throughout… quite simply, she is Little Harbor at its best.
HULL and DECK
- White hull with single blue boot stripe
- Teak covered decks
Molded one-piece, hand-laid Airex cored hull with teak decks (new 2001). Internal lead ballast cast in place and covered with fiberglass. Overlapping deck-to-hull joint bolted together and sealed with epoxy. Marine-grade waterproof plywood for all structural and divisional bulkheads.
- Teak exterior and interior trim.
- Centerboard with bronze shoe.
- Epoxy coating below waterline.
- Solid teak toe rail, handrails and drip rail.
Her centerboard configuration offers a minimum draft of 5’ with board up and a maximum draft of 10’-2” with board down, and her 61’ mast height allows access to the Intercoastal.
Little Harbor’s attention to detail and fine joiner work is evident throughout. Brass cabin lamps, teak paneling and joinery, oscillating cabin fans, curtains and throw pillows create a warm, comfortable feeling below decks. The cabin sole is teak and holly. Numerous dorade vents and hatches provide natural ventilation in conjunction with the reverse-cycle air conditioning. All berths are fitted with lee cloths.
The Forward Cabin has a V-berth with filler, which forms a generous-sized double. There are two hanging lockers to port and one to starboard, plus storage lockers over each berth, and multiple drawers. Two 12V fans, hatch with dorade vent and reverse-cycle air conditioning add to guests’ comfort.
The Forward Head, to starboard, has access from the forward cabin and the main salon. This head area includes an electric toilet, sink, shower and excellent locker space.
The Main Salon has a settee expandable into transom berth to port with drawers under the berth/settee, and a captain’s porcelain locker housing Ansley bone chinaware, a storage locker, a bookshelf and a small TV and DVD player above it. Opposite, to starboard, is a curved L-shaped settee with a varnished teak saucer-shaped dining table. Built-in stem glass storage in a custom locker, and a half shell model of the LH44 add to the warmth of the dining/salon area.
The Nav Station is located in the port aft corner of the main salon with all electronics built in, a good chart table, a compass and bookshelf for nautical publications. Pocket lockers outboard of the nav station house a 6-CD player and complete catalogs and operating manuals for the boat. Directly opposite under the companionway is the electrical panel, an easy reach from the nav seat.
There are two passageways leading aft to the Owner’s Cabin, which houses both a single and a double berth. There is generous storage in lockers and drawers around the aft cabin berths, as well as an oversized custom hanging locker, and two 12V fans. In the port passageway, aft, is the Owner’s Head with manual toilet and stall shower outboard and a sink inboard.
The Galley is located in the starboard passageway and features:
4-burner Dickinson propane stove with oven
Deep double stainless steel sinks
Separate 110V Grunert refrigeration and freezer, both with holdover plates
More than ample storage compartments and drawers
(2) Propane sniffers (behind stove and under galley floor board) and warning system
- Maxwell anchor windlass
- Custom stainless steel stemhead fitting with anchor roller and mooring fairleads (rebuilt 2020)
- 55 lb. Delta anchor
- 50 lb. Bruce anchor
- Danforth 35H anchor
- Danforth 20H anchor
- 225’ of anchor chain and (2) 250’ backup rope rodes
- Double life lines with gates at both sides, and a portable custom teak boarding step
- (5) Teak dorade boxes with stainless steel cowl vents and guards
- Stainless steel stern and bow pulpits and stanchions
- Stainless steel stern, bow and spring line chocks
- Stern swim ladder
- Stainless steel Force 10 propane barbecue
- (4) 10-lb. propane tanks in gas locker aft
- Fenders and fender boards, anchor snubber
- Teak ensign staff, and teak burgee staff forward
- Dock lines
- Boat hook
- Dinghy lifting davit to starboard of transom
- Teak rim wheel
- Salt water wash down outlet forward and fresh water outlet aft
- Manual tiller, sails and PFDs in aft lazarette
- Docking/anchoring gear/equipment in forward lazarette
- (2) MOB throw rings with strobe attached to port ring
- Full canvas dust cover
- Dodger, bimini with connectors and side curtains and binnacle/wheel covers
- Cockpit cushions
- Dorade box and hand rail covers
- Companionway cover
- Primary winch covers
- Emergency tiller
- Safety package
- (2) Throw rings
The extensive inventory of electrical/lighting parts, hardware, pumps, filters, tools, lines, navigation accessories, spinnaker and spare blocks, full-boat canvas dust cover, safety equipment, life jackets and kitchen accessories currently on the boat stay with the boat. Thurston Winter Cover (2018).
Exclusions: The owner’s personal effects are excluded from the sale.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.