Single Handed Sailing at its Finest
Designed to be sailed single handed or with a small crew, the M29 is perfect for that quiet moment alone on the water or enjoying a sunset sail with friends and family. Play the sails like a racer or relax and enjoy, the M29 will enthuse and delight regardless! The powerful North mainsail and Hall Spars carbon mast are easily shaped via backstay, vang, cunningham, outhaul and mainsheet, and all at your fingertips! All control lines are run within easy grasp of the helmsman and even the single-line slab reefing allows you to safely and easily reef without taking a step outside the cockpit.
The racy M29 is responsive, simple and tiller steered for that back to basics thrill of small boat performance sailing you probably remember from your youth. Unlike a dinghy, however, she will keep you dry, safe and upright! The M29 exceeds performance expectations on all points of sail. She excels in light winds due to her sleek hull shape, modern fin keel, carbon fiber deep spade rudder and light weight construction.
Deep Safe Cockpit
The M29 is all about sailing and enjoying the ride. With her deep large cockpit the M29 is equally as safe and comfortable with one person onboard as with a crew of 3-4. Her optimally designed cockpit keeps you dry while still offering the thrill of a performance daysailer responsive to the elements. When sailing is complete, drop the hook, and stretch out on the port and starboard cockpit seats, perfect for relaxing with a book, picnicking or simply enjoying the scenery and company.
Her delightful cabin is great for escaping the midday sun and enjoying a nap while on anchor. Personal belongings, provisions and refreshments can be safely stowed below and are within easy reach from the cockpit.
No winches are required on the M29 as the sheet loads are reduced through clever engineering. Features such as the flush mounted jib furler create a clean efficient sail plan to optimize speed and performance while accentuating the M29’s stunninig beauty. The cockpit is free of clutter due to clever use of the cam cleat/coaming pocket system and below deck sheet and furling line design.
With her 8’ beam and a total towing package weight of under 7,000lbs, the M29 is easily towed behind any full sized SUV/Truck giving you the freedom to take her wherever you want. Once at your destination, she can be rigged by just 2 people allowing you to maximize your on-water fun.
As with all Morris Yachts, the M29 offers peace of mind that you are onboard one of the most seaworthy boats in the world. The level of engineering, fit and finish onboard the M29 sets the benchmark by which other builders measure themselves. Morris craftsmen and engineers demand only the finest equipment and use the most modern techniques and technology during the boat building process proving that the beauty of a Morris is not only skin deep but integrated throughout all facets of the vessel.
- Length Overall 29’2″
- Length at Design Waterline 20’10”
- Beam, Maximum 7’4″
- Displacement: 4,375lbs
- Displacement/Length ratio: 214
- Bridge Clearance: 42′-2″
- Sail Area 395 ft2 (51.84 m2)
- I 33′-6″ (11.78 m)
- J 9′1″ (3.89 m)
- P 36’0″ (12.57 m)
- E 12’6″″ (4.60 m)
- Sail Area/Displacement 23.6
- Fuel: 8 gals
- Standard Draft 4′-6″
- Shoal Draft 3′-8″
- Infused fiberglass composite hull with Vinylester resin throughout and Balsa SB.50 core.
- Molded integral furniture and internal structure.
- External modern fin design lead keel with a palm is mounted in a molded hull recess with 316 SS bolts.
- Fiberglass engine bed.
- Infused fiberglass structural forward bulkhead with chainplate reinforcements.
- Infused fiberglass composite deck with Vinylester resin throughout and Balsa SB.50 core.
- Core removed in areas of deck hardware and through hull fittings.
- Yanmar 2YM15C x SD Saildrive unit, 2-cylinder, direct-injected, fresh water-cooled marine diesel engine, maximum 14 hp @ 3600 RPM.
- Flex-O-Fold folding two blade propeller.
- Yanmar instrument panel at the helm, with ignition switch, stop button, and audible alarms for cooling water high temperature and low oil pressure.
- SS Single lever throttle and shift control.
- Engine box is fitted with Soundown Vinyl/Foam composite noise reduction insulation.
- (1) Marine Group 27 100 Amp-hour AGM battery.
- (1) Yanmar 60 Amp/12 VDC alternator with internal regulator for battery charging.
- (1) 12 VDC distribution panel.
- (1) 12 Volt outlet.
- (1) Perko bicolor bow light with chrome plated brass housing.
- (1) Perko transom stern light with chrome plated brass housing.
- (1) Aquasignal steaming light on mast.
- Whale Gusher 10 manual bilge pump located near helm in cockpit.
- Whale Gulper IC electric bilge pump with water sensor control.
- (1) Racor model #215 spin-on fuel/water separator.
- (1) 8-gallon fuel tank w/deck filler cap.
- (1) Fuel gauge.
- Carbon fiber/epoxy rudder with carbon fiber rudderpost.
- Tiller steering with laminated ash tiller.
- Forespar tiller extension and tiller lock box.
- (2) Self-aligning rudder bearings.
- (2) Kidde Mariner 110 portable dry chemical fire
extinguisher located in the accommodations.
- Engine compartment “Fire Port”.
- Fiberglass integral furniture are bonded to
the hull and deck with two-part structural adhesive.
- Fiberglass floor pan with oiled Teak cabin sole.
- Cherry hull sheathing.
- Cherry window frames and Cherry cap trim on main bulk head opening.
- Cherry bunk rails.
- Sailing hardware is Harken or equal.
- Varnished teak toe rail
- Custom cast SS bow and stern chocks that integrate beautifully with the teak toe rail.
- Varnished teak eyebrow trim.
- Varnished teak dorade boxes with SS cowl vents.
- Varnished teak hand rails on the cabin top.
- Varnished teak coaming cap.
- Ritchie Venture bulkhead compass.
- Custom MY cast SS cockpit drains.
- (1) Stainless steel 8” pull-up mooring cleat at the bow.
- (1) Stainless steel 8” fixed cleat and on the stern deck.
- (4) Morris custom cast stainless steel chocks.
- Toe rail: varnished teak.
- Deck: gelcoat Oyster white with molded Tan non-skid.
- Hull topsides: Oyster white gelcoat.
- Cove stripe: Awlgrip Cordova Gold.
- Boot top stripe: Awlgrip choice of standard colors.
- Bottom paint: Interlux Pacifica.
- Bilge: White gelcoat.
- Name and hailing port on transom in Vinyl letters.
- Carbon fiber mast and aluminum boom with Awlgrip finish.
- Fractional rig with swept back spreaders.
- Harken mainsail luff track system.
- Self-tacking jib on athwartships curved track.
- Harken manual headsail furling unit.
- Standing rigging is 1×19 stainless steel wire rope.
- Hall A-12 mechanical vang with Harken block and tackle.
- Backstay adjuster with 18:1 purchase led to helm.
- Jib sheet with coarse and fine tune adjustment.
- Cunningham led to the cockpit.
- Outhaul adjustment on boom.
- Running rigging is high quality low-stretch rope.
- Main halyard 2:1 ratio 8mm Jib halyard 6mm.
- Main sheet 8mm.
- Reef line 8mm.
- Jib sheet 8mm.
- Jib furling line 10mm.
Sail inventory is by North Sails and includes the following sails:
- Dacron Mainsail with two full length battens, two leech battens and single slab reef.
- Canvas mainsail cover with lazy jacks.
- Dacron Furling Jib with UV protective cover on leach.
- Sunbrella canvas interior cushions with owner’s choice of color.
M29 Outboard Profile
M29 Inboard Profile
M29 Sail Plan
The M-Series M29 has appeared in countless press articles and been featured on many magazine front covers. Here is a selection:
Training that’s as personalized as our boats
Each handcrafted Morris comes with a personalized training course that is tailor made for you to help you use your new boat. The training happens right onboard in a location you choose and is taught by our most experienced professionals.
The purpose of the program is to give you hands-on experience and insight into key areas of your Morris lifestyle. From sailing, docking and anchoring to systems and maintenance, we’ll teach you practical, hands on techniques that will make your ownership experience more rewarding and more fun.
Course offerings are tailored to the personal needs of our owners and can cover a variety of topics from sailing fundamentals to advanced sailing; coastal cruising skills to offshore passagemaking; racing basics to advanced racing strategies. Maintenance and service are also covered in our training program.
“Every Morris owner wants to know more about their boat and more about how they can use it. What better way to learn than being taught on your own boat by the people who built it.” said Cuyler Morris. “We believe this program is just another example of the commitment we place behind our owners and we are proud to offer it exclusively to every owner of a Morris Yacht.”